Despite the current crisis, green entrepreneurs across the globe continue to create positive climate impact and economic opportunities. A record number of 3,000 start-ups from 56 countries on all continents entered this year’s edition of ClimateLaunchpad, the global green business ideas competition. The 7th edition of its Global Grand Final is just days away. The 3-day virtual event will be hosted online from September 30 until October 2.
Virtual event, real impact
ClimateLaunchpad is part of the entrepreneurship offerings by EIT Climate-KIC, the EU’s main climate innovation initiative. Its mission is to unlock global cleantech potential and to accelerate innovations that address climate change.
The Global Grand Final (aka ‘the green business event of the year’) is the yearly showcase of entrepreneurs leading the charge in fixing the climate crisis. There is no conference like it in the world. Leading minds, policy makers and corporates from all over the globe will gather to shape the conversation and give a boost to this green wave.
There will be 68 cleantech start-ups pitching for the global win, live keynotes, interactive masterclasses, networking, fun sessions, inspirational talks & live discussions. An interactive event platform is set up to facilitate the three days.
Leading minds in the field to deliver keynotes and host interactive sessions
Among the confirmed speakers:
- Shloka Nath, Head of Sustainability and Special Projects at the Tata Trusts
- Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries (video message)
- Kirsten Dunlop, CEO at EIT Climate-KIC
- JF Gauthier, Silicon Valley serial entrepreneur and angel investor
- Diederik Samsom, Head of Cabinet for the First Vice-President of the European Commission
More speakers and information about the schedule: https://globalfinal.climatelaunchpad.org/speakers/
DealStream: where ClimateLaunchpad’s most successful start-ups pitch for funding
Most ClimateLaunchpad alumni continue to be successful with their start-ups, 85% of previous participants are still in business. ClimateLaunchpad keeps track of all its alumni and their milestones in the areas of revenue, amount of FTE, funding, climate & social impact. Each year the best performing start-ups are awarded the Impact Award.
Part of that award is the opportunity to pitch in front of cleantech investors during an online ‘Dealstream’ hosted by the Climate-KIC Investor Marketplace on October 1:
- 11:00 am DealStream for start-ups seeking funding up to €1m: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLWR9Bpbgb0
- 12:00 pm DealStream for deals over €1m: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZT72Micfbg
2020: bigger than ever with 3,000 business ideas to fix climate change
The competition is experiencing its most successful year to date. Over 3,000 ideas across the globe were submitted. In 56 countries selected teams with promising cleantech potential competed in national and regional finals. The 68 best teams will now pitch and compete in the Global Grand Final. There are money prizes, the Top-16 gets accepted into the renowned EIT Climate-KIC Accelerator, and all teams usually gain a lot of momentum and media exposure.
Seeing these start-ups pitch during the Global Grand Final is like stepping into the future where big data eliminates crop failure, clean water is cheaply available to all, and livestock agriculture is obsolete. ClimateLaunchpad offers all its participants the knowledge, tools, and experience to grow and scale their businesses, and to achieve real positive climate impact on a global scale.
Press perks, your reasons to join the online event:
- Schedule online interviews with keynote speakers, start-ups, investors and trainers
- Share exclusive content on all things cleantech and green business
- Host a session on CLP TV, live during the event
- Share the livestream with your audience